RSS

Tag Archives: college

Of Things To Come.

I need to come up with a fun way to introduce my posts :/ Anyway, I just want to let you all in on how things will be going in the very near future. Sorry about the scrolling 😀

So I feel as though I’ve pretty much wasted this summer, 90% of it due to Minecraft, the other 10% was Pizza Hut. I have an addictive personality, not to drugs really, just pointless hobbies like endless gaming and internet surfing. But that doesn’t matter. What I want to talk about is the hopeful future of this blog. I’ve had a lot of fun with this, like, borderline theme park fun. It allows me to write and say whatever I want and whatever is on my mind. If you have read my older posts, you may have noticed that the “Weekly Updates” haven’t been particularly….weekly. It’s not that I don’t want to do them or that I have no time, it is just the fact that I am way, WAAAY to lazy. I need inspiration to make something special. I need to have a spark of imagination and creativity inside of me. I find it really hard to create anything if I try to force it. In the end it will just come out pathetic or not to my liking. I don’t want to make you disappointed 😀 So, I promise to get off of my ass and find that spark just for you 😉

The breakdown for this fall is College, work(hopefully), more school work, blogging, partying, and begging for spare change on the street corner of Dickson. With the blog, I plan on bringing back all of the weekly updates, hopefully with the addition of a few friends. I also want to add polls, some interactive posts, more poetry posting and anything that comes to mind that I think you might enjoy. On August 13th, this Saturday actually, I will be moving into my new apartment! YAAAY WOOHOO EXCITING! It’s the start of a whole year of no parents, no rules(to an extent), and endless good times with my close friends. I just hope that I won’t have to do anything too drastic somewhere down the road 😄

If all else fails I guess 0_o

 
Leave a comment

Posted by on August 11, 2011 in Uncategorized

 

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Keeping Up With the Times

I can say that, so far, I haven’t been entirely “up to date” on current trends and whatchamajiggers(not a real word). Blogging has always been something that both intrigued and befuddled(yes it’s a word) me. Up until the last few days of college, I hadn’t even tried getting a Twitter account. To me it seemed to be just another way to let the big wide world know that “Hey, I just bought some wicked socks bro.” =[ I was eventually pulled to Twitter by a friend who convinced me that it wasn’t all about socks and the like. Hell, I hadn’t even gotten a damn cell phone until I was about to leave for college!

When I was 16 someone decided that us young whippersnappers should be allowed to receive our drivers license at a younger age and that we were to take an early morning drivers ed course. This was awesome in that we could get our license earlier and drive like madmen, and terrible because we had to be dragged over to the school at 7 o’clock, a whole hour before the school even opened! All of us in the Sophomore and Freshmen class were thrilled that we were getting this opportunity the driving part that is. Well…everyone but me. You see, I had it in my naive little mind that I could do without a gas guzzling, ozone destroying hunk of metal and instead *drum roll* GET A BICYCLE! That’s right world, I was going green before my town even knew green was a color! I thought that I could get a job in town or close enough where I could easily bike to work. A  good college education? Forget it! I was going to enroll at the local community college(or so I thought) and get a simple degree, find a girl, and live in a quiet, peaceful town in Southeastern Illinois.

Then my reasoning kicked in.

Who the hell does that!?!?! I opened my eyes and saw that everyone in my town, nay, THE WORLD owned a car. Only an idiot would never buy a car. Only a person who has no desire to succeed in life wouldn’t get a good college degree. I was so ready to stay in a shitty town with shitty jobs and have an even shittier future than pull up my big boy pants and say “Man up bitch!”. I didn’t want to convert to the “now” or do what everyone else was doing. I was so close-minded I thought that by not getting a car and not getting a college degree would make me something unique but I realized that to be unique you sometimes have to keep up with the times. Now I have a car, a phone, a twitter account, and I am proud to be the first person in my entire family to go to college and hopefully get a college degree(my family is just old fashioned like that I suppose). Now all I have left is blogging and conforming to Reddit and of all those other life-sucking sites 😄

Wish me luck =P

 
1 Comment

Posted by on June 27, 2011 in Fresh Start

 

Tags: , , , , , , ,

 
%d bloggers like this: